Prof. Dr. Syed Irfan Hyder a founder of ePatterns, a Software House and the Chief Architect of ePattern’s enterprise solution for various industries. He has over 15 years experience of IT consultancy, management, software design and implementation.
He is also Dean and Vice President of PAF-Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology. He has been the head of E-Commerce Task Force of the Ministry of Science and Technology and the member Sindh IT Board and Electronic Clearing House Task Force of State Bank. He has been a consultant to various public and private sector organizations such as Pakistan Steel, POF, Oxford University Press, AGPR, CBR, EPB, DHA, ICMA, KIIT and MoST. He has extensive academic experience in the design, development and successful launch of various academic programs such as BBA, MBA, BCS, BE, BS, MS and PhD in the areas of computer science, MIS and management sciences. Dr. Irfan Hyder did his MS and PhD from University of Texas at Austin. He also has BE from NED and MBA from IBA. Dr. Irfan has also been the head of the Center for Computer Studies at IBA.
His projects include:
- Consultancy for Pakistan Steel. Two-year IT Up-gradation Project, in progress.
- Study of Electronic Commerce for Pakistan: Consultancy for EPB for Economic, Tax, Legal, financial and industrial implications of E-Commerce.
- E-Commerce Implementation: Coordination with EPB, Customs, SBP, banks, law ministry, IT professionals and other stakeholders as head MoST’s E-Commerce working group
- Redesign of ICMA IT Curriculum: Design and development of the new IT curriculum of Institute of Cost and Management Accountants.
- DHA IT Park Survey & Feasibility: Consultant For Defense Housing Society, Karachi.
- Formulation of National IT Policy for Ministry of Science & Technology: Member of steering committee that developed the recommendations for the National IT policy.
- POF Computerization Survey & Report: IT Consultant for streamlining the implementation of ERP in 14 factories and 18 departments of POF, Wah Cantt.
- Research and Development of ERP: Analysis and design of a flexible, multi-company, modular, integrated ERP software product for clients in automobile, textile, trading and other industries.
- Smart Commerce Training Program: In collaboration with Islamic Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Jang Group, E-Commerce Gateway Singapore and E-Patterns
- ITCN Asia 2001: Official Consutant and Member of the Steering Committee of the IT exhibition and conference
- ITCN Asia 2002: Official management consultant to the IT exhibition and conference
- E-Commerce Consultancy Project for MOST: Preparation of PC1s and presentation to Federal Cabinet & Chief Executive/President on behalf of Minister for Science and Technology
- Pakistan Ordnance Factories Computerization Requirements Planning: ERP Project Planning for the huge complex of 14 POF Factories & 70 shops with over 35,000 employees.
- Change Management & Reengineering for CBR: A Training Program for change agents of CBR developed and conducted for over 120 senior officers including collectors
- Capacity Building Initiative of CBR: A joint project of IBA and LUMS for CBR with Dr. Hafiz Pasha and Dr. Javed Ghani of LUMS..
- IT Strategy of the Universities of Sindh for Enhancing Software Exports: A project of the Governor of Sindh, Chancellor of Universities of Sindh, in collaboration with Vice Chancellors and heads of computer departments of the universities of Sindh.
- Survey of Extent of Computerization in Pakistani Businesses. Published in Marketing Review
- Survey of Rate of Computerization in Pakistan. For Computer Society of Pakistan Conf.
- Role of Major Players in Software Exports, 4th Computer Conference, Islamabad, Dec ’97
· Mr. Babar Khan – Director (Financial Sponsor)
- MD MEB Textile (Garment Exports)
- B.E, NED Karachi
- Over 20 years of experience in engineering firms and textiles
· Mr. Gobind Ram – C.E.O
- MBA, IBA Karachi
- Over 5 years at e-Patterns.
- Specialist ERP implementer. Excellent ability to understand and map business processes to available features
· Mr. Saad Iqbal – Sales Manager
- MBA, IBA Karachi; B.E, EMU Turkey
- Over 5 years at e-Patterns
- Extensive Analysis and Design Experience of ERP Modules
- Expert ERP implementer. Specialist in mapping business processes.