For the first time after reading the “Purple Plain” by HE Bates, I again experienced the trauma, shock, feelings and tragedy that are associated with war. Lest we forget! It has been a long time since World War 2 which was around 20 years before my birth. Somehow, I think I feel or may be I imagine that I can feel the experience of what it is like being in the war, and witnessing its sufferings; all that dying, all the misery, and the in-consequence and futility of it. But wars are a real permanent feature of life. War has always remained a permanent feature of life. I think it is long overdue for our generation.
- See also: Must see All Quiet on the Western Front
I feel in myself an emptiness. An inability to share what I feel. I am unable to express what I mean to say and am incapable of doing it. The effort is pointless as its product is disheartening and without the depth and feeling I think there is.
I really feel myself old, haggard, hoary. My age hundreds of years. I was born long ago as I seem to have experienced so many events in so many places and in so many times. I rally think I need to know what is my real age.
Note was written while posting this on blog:
- I am trying my best to recall whether I read the book or saw the movie. I typically do not forget these things, but I have certainly did in this case. I can’t even recall the story. Although I do recall reading Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough as well as having read another book by her, but which one I had forgotten. It was only while looking at the reflections written in my diary that I am beginning to recall.
- This the diary page was written at 1402 #104, Riverside Apartments, S. Lakeshore Blvd, Austin Tx, 78741. I have produced it as is without editing.
- Posts about BOOKS
- An Indecent Obsession: Of War and its Futility –
- How Education System is Promoting Non-Readers and “Functional Illiteracy”: Top Ten Reasons
- How Language Acquisition is Made Difficult for Children: Eight Lessons from an Urdu Acquisition Case Study
- How Readers are Created. Ecosystem that Produces Readers
- How to find “Buzurg” and “Wali” of Allah
- Importance of Literature in Law: A Case Study of the Panama Case Supreme Court Judgement
- Last Emperor of China and Mughal Empire of India –
- Most Effective Way of Cutting a Nation from its History and Ideals – Imposing a Foreign Language
- Mukhtar Masud’s Awaz-e-Dost and Love for Literature and History
- Sad Ending of Abdullah Yousuf Ali – the Translator of Quran
- To Kill a Mockingbird: A Personal Journey –
- What Legal Questions Perry Mason would have raised in SC Panama Case Disqualification of PM