Opposition to KBD originates from the mistrust that arose in smaller provinces from not abiding by the promises made when Mangla Dam was being built. For example, the promise of not using a major link canal except during floods. It was feared that the link canal will divert water away from Sindh which actually happened as the land around the link canal got allotted to most powerful land mafia that forced the canal to remain open through out the year creating massive mistrust in Sindh n Balochistan. You need to read history why there is extreme mistrust in Sindh and other provinces for the lower riparian rights when water from big dams is not allowed to reach them.
This is time for thinking people to take a step back, and try to understand the design of enemies and agenda of RAW.
Case Against Kalabagh Dam
As one case see from these references that the case against Kalabagh Dam from the point of view of smaller provinces is too complex. It is complex because the major issue is that of trust-deficit. The issues are quite similar to those faced by big dams all over the world as seen in the next section.
- Don’t Build Kalabagh Dam: Cases For and Against Kalabagh Dam
- Sindh viewpoint over Kalabagh Dam Project
- Pukhtunkhwa’s Case Against Kalabagh Dam – Awami National Party
- ‘MQM against Kalabagh’ – Newspaper – DAWN.COM
- Govt adopts double standards on Kalabagh dam Dateline Sindh …
- Political parties oppose Kalabagh dam,accuse Punjab of stealing water
- Whole Sindh not against Kalabagh Dam – The Nation
- Sindh Assembly passes resolution against Kalabagh dam –
- Resolution against Kalabagh dam in Sindh Assembly – Pakistan …
- Sindh Assembly passes four resolutions against Kalabagh Dam
تھر، چولستان اور جنوبی پنجاب میں سولر پارک اور بلوچستان اور کراچی کے ساحلوں پر سمندری لہروں سے چلنے والی ٹرباینز ۔۔۔ یہ کالا باغ ڈٰم کا شوشہ صرف اس قوم کو احمق بنانے کیلیے ھے تاکہ جو اصل کام ھو سکتے ھیں، وہ بھی نا ھوں۔۔۔ جرنل ایوب، جرنل یحیی،جرنل ضیا، جرنل مشرف نا بنا سکے، بھٹو جیسا مقبول عوامی لیڈر نا بنوا سکا،،، عمران خان جیسا لیڈر سندھ جا کر کہتا ھے کہ ھم کالا باغ ڈٰیم نہی بننے دیں گے۔۔۔ اپ سوشل میڈیا پر پوسٹیں کر کے ڈیم بنوا دیں گے؟َ اپکی سوچ کو سو توپوں کی سلامی۔۔۔۔
Problems with Big Dams
“By 2015, the dam industry had choked more than half of the Earth’s major rivers with some 57,000 large dams. The consequences of this massive engineering program have been devastating. The world’s large dams have wiped out species; flooded huge areas of wetlands, forests and farmlands; and displaced tens of millions of people.
The “one-size-fits-all” approach to meeting the world’s water and energy needs is also outdated: better solutions exist. While not every dam causes huge problems, cumulatively the world’s large dams have replumbed rivers in a massive experiment that has left the planet’s freshwaters in far worse shape than any other major ecosystem type, including tropical rainforests. In response, dam-affected communities in many parts of the world are working to resolve the legacies of poorly planned dams. Elsewhere (and especially in North America), communities are starting to take down dams that have outlived their usefulness, as part of a broader river restoration movement.” [Problems with Big Dams
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Watch We All Live Downstream for a visual introduction to dams, rivers and people.
- Read 10 Things You Should Know About Dams
- Read “Greenwashing Hydropower“: The Problems with Big Dams.
- Watch Hydropower: Not As Clean As You Think for an introduction to why big dams are not the answer to our changing climate.
- Damned Rivers, Damned Lives: The case against large dams
- A Crisis of Mismanagement: Real solutions to the world’s water problems
- Beyond Hydropower: Energy options for the 21st century
- Warming the Earth: Hydropower threatens efforts to curb climate change
- The Coming Storm: Preparing for a warming water world
Pakistan’s Alternatives to Big Dams
- Georgia – Lesson in Preserving Language, Religion and Culture
- Growing up with Mohammad Ali’s Legend
- How Corruption is being Eliminated in Pakistan since 1950s – New!
- How Neocolonialism Keeps Developing Countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan Perpetually Destabilized
- How West Teaches History (through Movies) and How We have Forgotten: A Nation that has No History, has no Future !
- How to Distort History through Prejudices of Today: Taj Mahal as a Symbol of Love
- Is Illiteracy Responsible for Problems of Pakistan? Narrative to Justify Neocolonialism and dictatorial rule
- Is Justice Munir’s Doctrine of Necessity Dead or Alive?
- Kalabagh Dam Use for Inciting Smaller Provinces against Federation-Technical Feasibility vs Trust-Deficit Issue – New!
- Last Emperor of China and Mughal Empire of India
- Metro Buses and Trains vs Health and Education-Tryanny of OR – New!
- Metro Transport Infrastructure of Hong Kong and Detractors of Metro for Pakistan – New!
- Mukhtar Masud’s Awaz-e-Dost and Love for Literature and History
- Narratives Designed to Dishonor Popular Choice and Support Neo-Colonialism