All elected PM’s in Pakistan starting from Liaquat Ali Khan were never allowed by establishment to rule during their tenure. Whereas there were three military dictators who comfortably ruled for around decades, not a single PM has been allowed to complete their five years terms.
Not a single PM has ever completed his/her full tenure! 19 PMs in 70 years of our history till 2017.
- Why can’t the establishment and real status quo allow even one PM to start n complete his/her constitutional mandate?
- What are they afraid of?
- Why PMs are perpetually fighting for their survival?
Civilian PM’s rule have been mired by perpetual series of destabilization tactics. Foremost among them have been allegations of corruption. However, in not a single military dictatorship even one such allegation had been proven despite the presence of the entire government machinery with the dictators and all organs of state at their disposal. This seems to suggest that the persistent allegations of corruptions have been a tool for keeping the elected leaders destabilized and not allowing them to use public resources for the benefit of public. The status quo forces have used allegations of corruption as a tool for thwarting the will of the people and not delegating them the power to rule.
There is now a need for serious study of Pakistan’s history.
- We must calculate the Costs of Sham Democratic Regimes in Pakistan
- We also need to know Why Pakistani Democracies have been a Sham?
- We have been told that Pakistan’s panacea is a knight in shining armor arriving on horseback with blazing guns. This has been proven wrong umpteen times. They must ask Are Generals Qualified to Make Long Term Strategy? And, what are the Costs of Strategic Failures of Military Dictators
Please note that I do not belong to any political party or I favor either BB or NS. I am only pro constitution and for the implementation of due process of law. I think Pakistan’s destiny is tied with its constitutional and electoral form of government. Pakistan was founded by politicians through an electoral process. It would only succeed through electoral process and through the politicians. This has been proven by our experience of dictators:
Doctrine of Necessity
There is nothing new in the disqualification of Nawaz Sharif. Not a single PM of Pakistan has been able to complete the full term of his or her tenure. They have been ousted through murder, hanging, coups, terminations, forced resignation, invocation of doctrine of necessity, innovative judgments ratifying arbitrary use of powers by Presidents etc
- Killed. Liaquat Ali Khan
- Fired. Khawaja Nazimuddin
- Forced resignation. Mohammad Ali Bogra
- Forced resignation. Chaudhry Mohammad Ali
- Resigned. Husain Shaheed Suharwardi.
- Resigned. I.I. Chundrigar
- Toppled. Coup. Feroze Khan Noon
- Toppled. Coup. Hanged. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto
- Deposed. Mohammad Khan Junejo
- Deposed. Benazir Bhutto
- Deposed. Restored. Forced Resignation. Nawaz Sharif
- Deposed. Eventually killed. Benazir Bhutto
- Vanished. Shaukat Aziz
- Forced resignation. Zafrullah Jamali
- Resignation. Chaudhry Shujaat
- Judicial removal. Yusuf Raza Gilani
- Judicial removal. Nawaz Sharif
- See also: Traitor/Foreign Agent Production Factory of Pakistan
- Role of Sharifuddin Pirzada in Promulgating Martial Laws for Every Dictator of Pakistan
- Why Dictatorships are Weaker in Accountability than Constitutional Governments
- At What Cost! Why Compute Economic Costs of Faulty Political Decisions
Why PMs fail to complete their tenure
- Traitors/Foreign Agents Production Factory of Pakistan: Costs of Branding Pakistani Politicians as Foreign Agents.
- Political Will/Resolve of Civilian Governments vs Military Dictators. A Case Study of Karachi Disturbances and Relationships with MQM.
- Are Generals Qualified to Make Long Term Strategy: Costs of Strategic Failures of Military Dictators
- Whither Writ of the State? Costs of Corruption and Nepotism in Today’s Rangeela Shahi Daur
- At What Cost! Fazle Hasan of IBA and our Computation of Economic Costs
- Costs of General Zia’s Dictatorship in Pakistan
- Costs of Sham Democratic Regimes in Pakistan
- Why Pakistani Democracies have been a Sham?
- Costs of General Musharraf’s Dictatorship
- Costs of General Ayub’s Dictatorship
- Costs of Military Dictatorships in Pakistan
- Costs of Justice Munir’s Disastrous Doctrine of Necessity
- Get Pakistan out of this quagmire: Economic Cost of War on Terror for Pakistan
- Anti-National Language Policy leads to Rule by Rich and Corrupt Elites
- Small is Beautiful: Why Small Businesses should Replace Big Businesses (A Case Study of Rickshaws vs Buses)
- Encounter Project 2: Propagating Islam as an Inflexible, Rigid, Harsh System